Hard times?

The power of the mind is real!  A bit like programming your inner self.  Using your self-will does help when you are going through tough times.  It requires you to keep on focusing and fighting the forces that are working against you and your plans.  It is the determination to get going when the going gets tough.  Although, it is hard to keep up with the intense and energy-draining process, however, the effort does pay off in the end.

It helps if you are a Christian who holds fast to his or her faith.  Getting your strength from God is a better way to deal with difficult situations.  God will surely not abandon His own and will be there for you in your time of need.

How do you do this anyway? How do you let go and let God?  For me it is the following verses in the Bible that remind me of God's promises to take care of His own;
  • Be still, and know that I am God...  Psalm 46:10.
  • Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.  Matthew 6:34.
  • Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7.
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3: 5-6.
So, I programme my mind to be still, not to worry or be anxious and to trust in the Lord with all my heart.  And with fervent prayers to ensure that I think, walk and act according to God's plan for me, I avoid the temptation to take over from Him...  That is, not to lean on my own understanding.

You should try it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas Gift Saga

Can't undo