Can't undo


A few weeks ago, while trying to give myself a hair cut (don't like going to the Barber's - it's just not girly to say you are going there).  Anyway, I forgot to place the guide comb on the clipper and you can guess what happened next... The moment I felt the cold metal on my scalp, I knew I had made a really really stupid mistake. I looked at the little pile of my hair in the bath tub and felt like crying. I wished there was a way I could undo or fix it with some magic glue or something.  Anyway, to cut the long story short, I went to buy a wig and wore it for almost 4 weeks until my hair grew back. I hated the wig, it just wasn't me despite the 'you look nice Abi' comments I received from friends.

I learnt a few lessons from that experience; one, when you make wrong moves, you have to be patient and endure the inconveniences or maybe pain that comes with them. They won't last - as the saying in the Bible goes "... and it came to pass...". Secondly, you will come out a stronger and wiser person because you have endured and overcame and learnt from the experience.

Now I cut my hair shorter than I used to because I found that I preferred it that way - how did I find out? from my mistake!!!  That is just how life is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas Gift Saga

Hard times?